From year 7 to year 10 all students study Mathematics. In the Preliminary and HSC years Mathematics is an elective area, offering General Mathematics, Mathematics, and Extension 1 & 2 Mathematics. Bulli High School traditionally achieves strong HSC marks supporting access to employment and tertiary education.
Skills that our students learn include:
- Analysis of information and drawing sound conclusions,
- Logical thought processes,
- Communicating ideas and information in an oral and written form,
- Using mathematical ideas and techniques to find solutions to real life problems,
- Interpretation and production of graphs and tables.
- Students require a scientific calculator each lesson. The office sells Casio calculators,
- model fx-82 AU PLUS II, for $34 (price increase coming in 2023). There are advantages to using the same calculator as other students, as this allows collaborative learning, and also enables teachers to help with questions regarding settings on the calculator.
- Textbooks are kept in the classrooms, and a digital copy is accessed by students on a USB drive. All students have been asked to bring a USB to their class teacher to get their copy. Students who will have difficulty accessing a computer should speak to their teacher or to Mr Croft immediately.
- Some students may wish to use laptops for their class notes. Although BHS supports digital technologies, it is very difficult and time-consuming to construct the many diagrams, tables, and symbols encountered in Mathematics. Use of laptops is by negotiation with the class teacher; all students, including laptop users, must have an exercise book available in every Mathematics lesson.
- Mr D Croft (Head Teacher)
- Mr A Colquhoun
- Mr A Corolla
- Ms V Gillroy
- Ms M Marsh
- Mrs D Smith
- Ms L South
- Mr N Standen
- Ms M Vorley
- Mr B Vorn
For detailed information of the content of each course, visit http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au and select the ‘syllabuses' link.